I will attempt to catch you all up on all the happenings of the day...
Séamus is continuing to improve, although his heart rhythm was a little off. He had an ECHO on his head this morning to make sure everything is still functioning properly; he also had an x-ray to check for swelling & organ function in general. He has been weaned off the ventilator & is breathing on his own, although he does still have the breathing tube in. He was given a medication to help slow his rapid heartbeat so they could hook him up to a pacer. The pacer helped reset his rhythm so his heart could function properly. He has been on that for a while now & still doing well.
They have turned down the sedation & will be removing the breathing tube soon. Tomorrow, with less tubes & such, I should be able to hold him & maybe even try feeding him! It brings me to joyful tears just thinking about holding him again.
The last two days have been long, but I've been able to catch a few naps today & even got to sleep all night at the Ronld McDonald House last night. Tonight I'll be staying in the PICU with Séamus. It may be a rough night though, with the tube coming out & less sedation he will be a little fussier.
Jaic has been pulling "Dad duty" at home with the kids today & for the rest of the time Séamus & I are here.
I will try to update again sometime tomorrow.
Wow, I imagine your arms just ache to hold him. I really pray this time passes quickly as he recovers and soon things are back to the way they should be, mama and baby inseparable. :) You are so brave, keep up the awesome work!
ReplyDeleteI've been constantly scrolling through the pictures you took of us that are up on your web page. They have been so comforting & bring much hope & love to this PICU room <3
Delete