Yesterday was a great day for Séamus! I got to hold him for a short while! He got uncomfortable pretty quickly though so we got him back to bed. He has since been taking small amounts of breastmilk from a bottle.
The doctors turned off th pacer, his heart rhythm has stabilized & his heart is beating properly now! It actually happened when the surgeon came in to see how he was doing. The moment I saw Dr. Langley an overwhelming feeling of love & thankfulness came over me. This is the man who saved my baby's life. Without this corrective surgery Séamus would have had a much shorter life. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Langley for helping my baby boy.
Now, with his heart working properly, as long as his drainage has slowed down, he should be able to have those annoying chest tubes removed (yes, they make him mad). We should also be moving out of the PICU & into a regular recovery room today.
Séamus is so strong & I can't wait to get home & have my family back together again!
Much love to you all who have been keeping us in your prayers this week!
Yay, yay, and yay again!
ReplyDelete