Yesterday I was blessed with a visit from my sister Jen. While she was here I was able to get a nice shower in & a little nap too. She got to see Séamus' sweet smiles. He really has a happy disposition. He even smiles at the nurses & doctors. Séamus is a lot like big brother, David.
Séamus slept much better last night! He was fussy/gassy around 9-10, but then got a larger chunk of sleep in--and so did I! He's still nursing well too! I'd say he's close to back to his normal feeding cycles & amounts.
Today will be another great day of improvements. The last chest tube will come out & maybe the pacing wires as well, then he will have nothing left sticking out of his body!! After the chest tube is removed they'll do another x-ray.
Of course they will still be monitoring his heart & oxygen levels, but that isn't painful or really uncomfortable at all. He's now getting a lower dose of oxycodone & handling that really well. He also gets Tylenol, lasix, simethicone (gas-x for babies), & propranolol.
We are hopeful that he'll be discharged tomorrow. I miss my other kiddos so much & my husband too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment