Séamus Albert Coleman

Saturday, September 1, 2012

New meds and 2 month check up

Séamus has now been on his new medication for a week (propranolol). He's on a super low dose and doesn't seem to be having any side effects from it. He gets just 0.4mL 3x a day. I use a syringe to slowly squirt it in his mouth and he chokes it down. Sometimes he does great and swallows it like he's sipping water. He will continue taking it until surgery day--September 25th.

With a 6-week recovery period I will be missing taking the other two to pumpkin patches and our local Hop & Heritage festival. It will be good to have it done before the major holidays though--Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Doernbecher sent us some books to help us prepare for surgery. I read one to David(4 years old). He's sad that Séamus has to have surgery.

We were able to have some family members sign up to donate blood for Séamus' surgery. He will need 3 units of blood. So far my dad (Dominic) has a date scheduled for his blood to be taken. We are waiting to get blood type verification for other family members.

We are getting quite the line-up of people willing to help us with the older children after the surgery. What a blessing to have such a loving family & church body to give their time in our time of need!

One last thing... Séamus had his 2 month check up (9 weeks) on Wednesday. He is now 12 lb 2 oz and 23.5 in! His heart sure doesn't slow him down at all! He just keeps on growing. His oxygen levels are remaining high too. Thank you Lord!!


You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name







1 comment:

  1. What a precious little guy. Thanks for the update. I'm glad you have people lined up to help. Praying hard for baby's health and your peace. God is our strength when we are weak, or sure, a favorite song. :)

    ReplyDelete