We're getting all packed up & ready to head up to Portland. Some family is coming over in a bit to pray with us, then we're heading out. We'll be staying at the Ronald McDonald House at OHSU tonight since Séamus has an early morning pre-op appointment tomorrow. We'll spend tomorrow night there as well and Séamus will have open-heart surgery Tuesday morning.
I feel as though I'm getting onto a roller coaster ride--getting a little nervous, something telling me to get off and not do it, but I know when it's all over I'll be glad I did it. In the same way, I don't want Séamus to have surgery, but when it's all over I'll be glad that we won't have to worry about his heart (in the same way) anymore.
Right now I'm thankful that God has given us so many family members to meet our needs and be there for us in different ways. I'm also thankful for all of the people (some whom I've never met!) who have been praying for us over the past 7 months, since we found out about Séamus' heart defect.
No comments:
Post a Comment