Today we had an appointment at OHSU. It started with an ultrasound, we got some great pictures on CD. We also discovered that Séamus may have fluid in one of his scrotal sacs and a cyst in the other... These are fairly common things that are found during ultrasound and may go away before he is born or work themselves out later. Just one more thing to keep an eye on...
Tilt your head to the right to see his nose and mouth
On the brighter side, he has flipped and is now head-down! No more talk of that c-section business! I thought that I felt him flip yesterday morning and was pretty sure he had been head down all day and still this morning. Sure enough, when the radiologist put the ultrasound wand on my lower abdomen, we saw a beautiful round head on the screen!
3-D Image of his sweet face
I was relieved to finally meet a perinatologist at the hospital I will be delivering at. Everyone there was really nice and supportive of my desire to have a natural delivery. They are still wanting to induce at 39 weeks so that I won't have to spend an hour or more laboring on I-5. I'm still hoping Séamus will decide to start labor before then, but I think that if they do induce, it shouldn't take much convincing. Séamus is in a great birthing position and my first two babies were born before 40 weeks.
Next Monday we will have another appointment in OB, tour L&D and the NICU, meet the surgeon and have another ECHO done. Busy busy!
The 3d ultrasound is cool! So glad he flipped.
ReplyDelete